• Firearms
  • Drugs
  • Bulgarian currency
  • Tobacco products


  • Household goods can be imported up to three months after Customer’s arrival


  • Passport (copy)
  • Work Permit (original)
  • Certificate issued by the Ministry of the Interior with the identification number (Residence Permit)
  • Letter from employer confirming transfer (it must state how long shipper has been working abroad)
  • Letter of Attorney
  • Inventory (in English and signed and dated by the Customer)
  • Must show all electrical and electronic devices, brand names and serial numbers
  • Paintings should be listed and described separately
  • Letter of Authorization for service provider to deal with customs clearance verified by a notary


  • Proof of ownership showing vehicle has been owned more than one year
  • One motor vehicle can be imported duty-free
  • Documents required:
  • Proof of ownership
  • Foreign Registration Card
  • Visa
  • National Drivers license
  • International Insurance Policy (Green Card)


  • Veterinary and Inoculation Certificate required


  • Machinery and equipment
  • Plants (Certificate of Health from the Ministry of Agriculture required)
  • Liquor
  • Two bottles of wine or one bottle of hard liquor (containing 20% or more alcohol by VOL.)
  • If customs authorities discovers more than allowed quantity, all alcohol will be confiscated
  • Antiques

Important:This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines Internationalcannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact the nearest Bulgaria customs office for most updated information prior to yourshipping.

Enter your keyword