Hong Kong


  • Photocopy of Customer’s Passport picture page
  • Authorization Letter from Customer for Destination Agent to handle Customs clearance (provided by
    Destination Agent.)


  • All air shipments are physically inspected
  • Surface shipments are physically inspected at random


  • Alcohol and tobacco products and perfume are subject to duties Feathers, furs, skins, tusks, ivory and certain agriculture products require Exporting Country’s License, Certificate of Origin, and an Import License, and are subject to inspection by the Agriculture and Fisheries Department
  • Pesticides and radioactive substances


  • Narcotic drugs/medications (import permitted with copy of prescription) Plants, trees, vegetables (a Phytosanitary Certificate and Import License is required) Uncooked meat/poultry Pornographic or politically subversive material
  • Weapons, ammunition, fireworks, explosives and clasp-knives are subject to import license and police control


  • Only right-hand drive vehicles are permitted (driving is on the left) Certain models are not accepted (must contact Transport Department for further details) Very high duty and taxes Vehicle must be owned by customer for more than 6 months Documents required:
  • Bill of Sale/Original Purchase Invoice Export License in origin country stating engine and chassis number Registration Certificate showing the dimensions Deregistration Certificate Passport Hong Kong Insurance Certificate Driver’s license Authorization letter for Destination Agent to handle Customs clearance
  • Full Exhaust Emission Test Certificate (should be obtained prior to departure from origin)
  • They must be reported to Transport Department within 14 days of arrival in Hong Kong Transport Department
    Licensing Division
    3/FL., United Centre


  • Quarantine may be required depending on the type of animal and the country of origin
  • Documents required:
  • Health Certificate cannot be more than 14 days old and must be endorsed by a Government approved Veterinarian Rabies Vaccination must be administered at least 30 days before departure, but not more than six months before departure Import Permit issued by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and valid for 30 days from date of issue
  • Both a Residence Certificate as well as an additional International Health Certificate must be prepared and must be endorsed by the USDA/APHIS/VS

Special permits must be obtained in advance for the importation of animals and birds. Quarantine periods vary according to the animal’s country of origin. Application forms for the permits may be obtained from:

The Agriculture and Fisheries Department
12th Floor, Canton Road Government Offices
393 Canton Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: 852-733-2235

Important:This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines Internationalcannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact theChineseEmbassy at http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/for moreinformation prior to yourshipping.

Enter your keyword