ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
- Explosives, weapons, firearms, and ammunition
- Narcotics and drugs of various kinds*
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal skins
- Pornographic or politically sensitive literature
Under no circumstances should alcohol be included in the shipment.
*Illegal Drugs are dealt with severely in Indonesia. Sub-sections 112 and 113 of the Anti-narcotics law of 2009 carries a maximum sentence of death before a firing squad for anyone caught smuggling in drugs.
- Original Passport
- Original Residence permit (KITAS Card) valid for 12 months Issued by Indonesias Immigration office.
- Original Work Permit (IMTA) valid for FULL 12 months Issued by Indonesias Labor Dept.
- Authorization Letter from Shipper (We will provide format)
All of the above must be provided (no exceptions) or shipment cannot be customs cleared. Additional port storage and demurrage charges will apply on a daily basis until all above documents are provided and in complete order.
- Customer must be in the country (Indonesia) for clearance to commence.
- Shipment will be 100% inspected
- Household goods must have been in customers possession and use for at least one full year, and for the customers continued private use in Indonesia (not for re-sale)
- Only one air and one sea shipment of household goods allowed duty-free
- Air and Sea Shipment must arrive within three (3) months after clients date of arrival in Indonesia.
DUTIABLE /RESTRICTED ITEMS
- Only one of each major appliance is allowed duty-free with the exception of air conditioners
- New articles and items not listed on inventory
- Material in Chinese (pictures, tapes, etc.) will require proper permits and is subject to censorship and confiscation
- Medicines (prescription required)
- Antiques (may have problems re-exporting)
- Video tapes, CDs, DVDs, laser discs and books are subject to censorship. Prepare a list of titles and authors
- Foodstuff (in reasonable amount)
- Large quantities of any type of product will slow clearance and result in high duty
Please note importation of a car, motorcycle and any kind of parts, spare parts, etc are strictly prohibited.
NOTE: Presence of any Dutiable/Restricted/Prohibited items in shipment will greatly delay clearance and increase charges considerably.
Charges Incurred At Port/Airport of Destination
- Port Storage Charges for Sea Shipment
Port storage charges will always occur from the arrival date of the shipment until its customs cleared.
- For FCL shipment : US$2.00/Cbm/day
- For LCL shipment : US$13.00/Cbm/day (min 4 Cbm)
2. Demurrage Charges:
- 1 X 20FT Container
- Free of charge for first 3 to 5 days
- 5 to 10 days US$20/day
- 11 to 15 days US$30/day
- 16 days & onwards US$40/day
- 1 X 40FT Container
- Free of charge for first 3 to 5 days
- 5 to 10 days US$30/day
- 11 to 15 days US$40/day
- 16 days & onwards US$55/day
- Airport Storage Charges for Air Shipment
- 1st day onwards US$0.12/KGS/day
NOTE: This Port Storage, Demurrage and Airport Storage charges are in approximate amount only as they are always based on the SS Line or Airline choice. Final charges can be higher or lower than this amount. However, this is good indication and will hopefully assist.
Click the link for Information on the Importationof pets
Indonesia is a difficult country when it comes to customs clearance process. Normal customs clearance takes from 6 to 7 working days for Seafreight, and 2 to 3 working days for Airfreight, providing the documentation is in order.
The average time to obtain documentation certifying valid work and residence permits can range from four (4) to six (6) weeks after arrival of the shipper in Indonesia with a one-year visa from the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate.
It is recommended that the shipper prepare a list of titles and authors of books/publications to allow customs the option of cursory inspection.
It is unwise to include any shipment boxes which are marked with any name but the shippers. This could jeopardize clearance.
IMPORTANT: This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines International cannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact the Indonesian Embassy at http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/wordpress/for more information prior to your shipping.