Plants, Drugs, Hay, Straw, Peat Moss, Explosives, Fireworks, Firearms except under license from Irish Government.



Used household effects (including used motor cars) may be imported free of Customs duties, provided that they have been acquired by the Importer at least six months previously for substantial use outside the country and are being imported for personal use.


At least 4 days’ notice in advance is required:

  • Completed Customs Import Notice, No 1076
  • Packing List + total Value.
  • Documentation confirming disposal of accommodation abroad and new employment.
  • Name and address of Employer in Ireland.
  • Documentation regarding termination of employment abroad.
  • Commercial invoices for any new goods.
  • If you wish to declare Silverware, an additional Form CU56 should be completed.


Before importing pets, an Import License should be obtained and quarantine arrangements made. This is a complicated procedure which we would be pleased to carry out on your behalf. The animal must be consigned as manifested freight to one of the approved ports of entry and moved from the Port or Airport by the Irish Transport Authority.


Plants must be accompanied by a Phythosanitary or Health Certificate issued at origin.

Important:This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines Internationalcannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact theIrishEmbassy at moreinformation prior to yourshipping.

Enter your keyword