• Customers taking up permanent residence in Monaco require the following documents:
  • Certificate of Change of Residence (Attestation de Non-Cession) stating Customer has lived abroad for at least one year, has owned items for more than three months and that goods will not be sold for 12 months from importation
  • Detailed inventory which is valued, signed, dated and in duplicate
  • Customers establishing secondary residence require the following documents:
  • Authorization Certificate from the Regional Customs Directorate in triplicate
  • Detailed inventory which is valued and in triplicate
  • Proof of ownership or renting of residence
  • Proof of normal residence abroad


  • For Customers taking up permanent residence, household goods and personal effects are duty-free provided Customer has been abroad for at least one year and items have been used at least three months
  • For Customers establishing secondary residence, household goods and personal effects are duty-free provided Customer has used the goods for at least three months in an EC country (six months in a non-EC country), he owns or rents the secondary residence for a minimum period of 12 months if his primary residence is another EC country (24 months if in a non-EC country) and he does not sell or trade those items for one year after importation from a EC country (two years from a non-EC country)
  • If second shipment anticipated, it must be stated at the time of first importation


  • Alcohol
  • Tobacco products
  • Foodstuff
  • Raw material and semi-finished products
  • Medicine (must have authorization to import from the Ministry of Health)
  • Firearms and ammunition (Import Permit must be provided by the Directorate General of Customs)
  • Antiques may require a license


  • Narcotic drugs
  • Live plants


  • Autos can be imported duty-free provided:
  • Owner is moving his principle residence to Monaco
  • Owner has been abroad for more than one year
  • Has owned auto for at least six months
  • MUST BE LISTED ON THE INVENTORY (giving year, make, model chassis, engine and registration numbers) even if not accompanying household goods
  • Cars may be loaded in container with household goods, but must be near doors
  • Documents required:
  • Registration
  • Attestation from French Consulate at origin
  • Purchase invoice


  • Dogs, cats and birds require a Health Certificate from a veterinarian

Important:This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines International cannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact the Monaco Embassy at for more information prior to your shipping.

Enter your keyword