Products of endangered species (i.e. ivory, animal hides, etc.), plant and animal products (i.e. perishable foodstuffs), narcotics, drugs without prescriptions, automobiles that do not meet US safety and emission standards, and flammable materials. The importation of firearms is highly restricted in the U.S. Please contact our agent prior to shipping.

The shipping of alcoholic beverages and food is highly discouraged because of the Bioterrorism Act of 2002. When either is included in a household goods shipment the transferee must provide authorities (Food and Drug Administration) advance notice by completing a Prior Notice. For additional information go to the following website:


Household Goods and Personal effects

Used household goods are admitted duty free if they have been in the owner’s possession for 12 months prior to importation to the U.S.A.  Items purchased abroad within the last twelve months are considered dutiable.
U.S. Customs will not allow clearance of household goods prior to owner’s arrival date.


  • Completed and signed U.S. Customs form 3299and Supplemental.
  • Signed U.S. Customs Power of Attorney.
  • Inventory in English.
  • Photocopies of passport photo page.
  • Copies of original ocean bill of lading or air waybill.
  • Photocopy of Visa


Additional Requirements for Returning Residents

  • Social Security Number
  • Birth date
  • Passport Number
  • Foreign Address.

Additional Requirements for Non-residents & People Immigrating

  • Passport Number
  • Visa Number
  • Type of Visa (Working Visa, Student Visa; or other)
  • Country of Issuance
  • Date of Issuance
  • Date of Expiration
  • I-94 Form (If applicable)


The shipping of alcoholic beverages is highly discouraged. When included in a household goods shipment the transferee must provide authorities (Food and Drug Administration) advance notice by completing a Prior Notice.
For additional information go to the following website:

The following information is needed:

  • Number of Bottles/Cans
  • Type
  • Common Name
  • Manufacturer & Address
  • Volume per Bottle/Can
  • Vintage of Wine
  • Alcohol Content
  • Value Per Bottle


Antiques 100 years old or older can be imported duty free if the transferee has a certificate of antiquity in English as proof for Customs.


  • Statement signed by importer stating either, “For personal use – not for resale,” or “For resale.”
  • Supplier’s invoice showing description, value and circa date.
  • Detailed packing list – Must be able to match items on invoice with packing list.


Owner bringing in firearms previously exported must have proof of purchase and export from the U.S. If not, do not include firearms in the shipment, as it will delay the entire shipment. A permit obtained 6 weeks in advance is required from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.


Vehicles are subject to duty and state taxes unless they were previously exported from the U.S. provided that the transferee has proof of exportation and/or proof auto was originally manufactured and sold in the U.S.  Vehicles being imported must conform to U.S. safety and emissions regulations although vehicles over 25 years old may be excluded from the regulations.  All autos must undergo testing for compliance. Vehicles which do not pass emissions testing will be taken to approved sites for modifications at the owner’s expense. The cost to have the car brought up to standards after importation is exorbitant and additionally there will be bond fees or cash deposit.

The following documentation is required in order to have your vehicle imported and registered for use in the United States.

The CBP form 7501 is a summary of the article that you have requested free entry for.

  • For your convenience, We also provide an instruction sheet which will assist you to complete the 7501 form.
  • The HS7 form is required for compliance with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

If you would like some further information regarding importation of vehicles into the United States, you can find it here

Please check with us for exact regulations before sending a particular automobile to the United States.


  • A copy of the death certificate must be provided.
  • Cost of each item.


Dogs and cats are not required to stay in quarantine when they enter the US. Except for Hawaii where there is a six month quarantine requirement.  All pets must have a valid health certificate from a veterinary surgeon and have proof of vaccination against rabies.  Some birds are required to stay in quarantine so check with our agent in advance.  Animals should be declared as “pets” having no commercial value.

Enter your keyword